The Story Midwife, Lisa Evans, joins Nic and Sarah for a chat about business storytelling.
Lisa helps people find their brand’s authentic voice and teaches them how to become confident and successful public speakers.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Be clear, concise and compelling when telling your story
- The best stories are simple stories told exceptionally well. When you have a simple story, people will relate to it, and connect to it, more readily
- The client should be the hero of your story and your product is the guide
- Be comfortable with your material but don’t memorise it. You want to be telling your story from the heart, not the head
- A good talk involves simplicity, time and experience.
On My Desk
- Sarah recommended “the Feather Heist” episode of the This American Life podcast
- Lisa recommended Dan Roam’s book, Show and Tell
- And Nic suggested Lisa’s book, Speaking Savvy.
Links you might need
- You’ll find Lisa here.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently Sarah and Nic discussed email marketing with Wei Tan of The Orchard Agency.
And in this episode, they took a close look at how to listen properly, with Oscar Trimboli.
Like what you’ve heard?
Please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Or subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Casts or wherever you listen to your favourite marketing podcasts.
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.