Donna McGeorge, author of The 25 Minute Meeting, is our guest today to talk about productivity!
A report by Harvard Business Review found that 70 per cent of meetings are unproductive and inefficient. Sound familiar? It certainly does to us.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Before inviting someone to a meeting, ask yourself “how are they going to give, and get, value out of this?” Either way, it should enhance the work
- Make meetings shorter. Try to get everything said and done in 25 minutes
- Be punctual, prepared and present. Respect your time and other people’s time
- Be very specific about why the meeting is happening and what needs to be achieved.
On My Desk
- Donna recommended Glue by Tracy Ezard
- Nic suggested the MyPurMist inhaler
- James recommended a book called Changeology by Les Robinson.
Links you might need
- Here’s where you’ll find Donna McGeorge and where you can buy her book.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently Sarah and Nic chatted to Lisa Evans, The Story Midwife, about storytelling for business.
And in this episode they took a close look at the take-outs from this year’s Content Marketing World.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.