Rand Fishkin, one of the household names of content marketing and SEO, joins Sarah for a special fireside chat.
You’ll know Rand as the guy behind Moz – the SEO software for marketers. But times have changed, and Rand has branched out on his own with a new company called SparkToro. He’s written a book, called Lost and Founder.
Rand talks to Sarah about these things, Google’s plans, storytelling, and marketing in 2018.
This is the first in a special series of conversations in the lead-up to BNR’s 200th episode.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
On My Desk
- Rand’s recommendation was Pocket
- Sarah managed to squeeze in a couple of recommendations while pretending she was making just one, so here they are: Rand’s Beginners Guide to SEO and the resources page of his website.
Links you might need
- Here’s the blog Rand wrote about leaving Moz
- Here’s his new book, Lost and Founder
- And here’s his new company, SparkToro
- This is the news from Google Rand and Sarah discussed
- You can find Rand on Twitter here.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently, James and Sarah discussed with Dan Hatch how to plan content like a journalist.
And in this episode, they each shared a controversial opinion with marketer Nick Eggleton.
Like what you’ve heard?
Please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Or subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Casts, or wherever you listen to your favourite marketing podcasts. You can now listen on Alexa, too.
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.