The gang has gathered for a special BONUS edition of Brand Newsroom to discuss the Content Marketing Institute’s Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends Report for Australia for 2018.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- 2100 people answered the survey and Sarah’s take is that they’re really embracing content marketing.
- If anything stands out, it’s the focus on building an audience. Brands don’t want to rely on social; they want to capture their audience’s data so they can contact them whenever they need to.
- Brands are spending more time creating quality content, rather than pumping out more, lower-quality content.
- Brands are putting about 30 per cent of their marketing budget against content marketing initiatives.
Here are the links you might need
- You can get the full CMI Benchmarks report here.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic spoke to BE Media’s Chris Ashmore about podcasting best practice.
And in this episode they chatted about the best lessons they ever learned in marketing, the media and business.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.