Lush Digital’s senior producer, Ian Bignell, joins James and Nic to dissect the Department of Finance’s “Game Changers” video — which has gone viral for all the wrong reasons. Where did they go wrong? And how do you ensure your corporate video delivers for you and doesn’t turn you into a laughing-stock?
Here are the links you might need:
Here are some key take-outs:
- Don’t try to get real people to act. Get them to tell their story naturally, by interviewing them, instead.
- If there’s any moment in your video that people aren’t going to find believable, the audience is going to turn off.
- If you’re in the process of making a video and it doesn’t feel “right”, stop and start again with a new creative idea.
- Don’t cram your script with obvious key messages.
- The client wants the best product they can get for their budget, but the video production company needs to be honest about what is likely to work.
- Clients should always ask any video production company (or marketing/advertising agency) for examples of their work before engaging them.
- Brief your video production partner about what you want to achieve.
On My Desk
Have you heard the one about…
Recently the Brand Newsroom team looked at how to break bad news well.
And here’s a discussion about how to SnapChat for business.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.