The team discusses innovative and cost-effective marketing tips for start-ups. How can start-ups approach marketing to ensure they get a return on investment? And is there anything big companies can learn from how these newer enterprises promote themselves?
Here are some key take-outs:
- Earned media is a great way to get free publicity. Build your personal brand by sharing your opinions and expertise.
- Look for public speaking opportunities. Find out what audiences are looking for and be the one to share it.
- Blog well and blog often. Content marketing is a great way to build your brand and authority.
On My Desk
- Nic recommended Slack.
- Sarah recommended Michael Stelzner’s book Writing White Papers: How to Capture Readers and Keep Them Engaged.
- James recommended Guardian Labs.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic took a close look at the tactics Donald Trump uses to tweet.
And here’s a discussion about the dos and don’ts of corporate video.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.