Customer centricity. It’s the latest marketing buzzword. What is it? Well, it’s all about prioritising your customer’s specific needs, observing them objectively in order to understand these needs, and developing products and service offerings to deliver on these needs.
Today the BNR marketing podcast team asks, shouldn’t that be obvious?
Here are some key take-outs:
- If you’re not there for the audience, what are you there for? Brands that service their audience well are the ones that succeed. So it’s odd that “customer centricity” is suddenly getting attention.
- The customer isn’t always right. If you really want to service the customer well, you have to give them the best advice — and sometimes that’s to tell them that they’re wrong. Sometimes that might even lead to ending the relationship with the client.
- An open and honest relationship between a client and an agency is absolutely vital to success.
- Go back to your business goals and appraise where you’re at. Ask yourself if your relationships are adding value to your business, and to the business you’re working with.
- Don’t take your best customers for granted.
Here are the links you might need
- Here’s the blog post by Carla Young that Sarah mentioned.
On My Desk
- Nic recommended Media Stable’s new podcast, The Experts. It’ll be out soon.
- Sarah recommended this blog post by Carla Johnson called ‘34 of the Best Non-Marketing Books for Marketers’.
- James mentioned former US Federal Bureau of Investigations chief, James Comey, and the way he held himself during his recent US Senate committee appearance. He was, James says, a lesson in communicating with authenticity.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic looked at how good design can help sell your content.
And here’s a discussion about drip email marketing and whether it works.
Like what you’ve heard?
Please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Or subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Casts or wherever you listen to your favourite marketing podcasts.
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.