Things get a little heated in the studio as Nic and Sarah face off over the approach brands should take to supporting social causes.
With a public vote on same-sex marriage happening in Australia at the moment, many big companies and business leaders are becoming quite vocal about where they stand.
So, should brands be making a stand on social issues? And what are the factors any brand should consider before taking sides in a divisive issue?
Brand Newsroom is the marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are the links you might need
- Here’s a bit of background on the vote that’s happening in Australia.
- And here’s some background on Qantas boss Alan Joyce getting hit with a lemon meringue pie.
- Here’s some detail on Margaret Court, the former tennis champion Nic won’t share a plane with.
- And here’s some info on athletes kneeling during the national anthem in the US.
On My Desk
- Sarah’s recommendation is to use TweetDeck to follow hashtags.
- Nic recommended a book called Kingpin: Legal Lessons from the Underworld, by Sarah Bartholomew.
- James recommended Psycho-Cybernetics, a book about the power of your subconscious mind.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic were joined by Chris Smoje to talk about customer service as a marketing tool.
And in this episode they took a close look at thought leadership.
Like what you’ve heard?
Please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Or subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Casts or wherever you listen to your favourite marketing podcasts.
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.