Podcasting is becoming more popular. Anyone can create one, but how do you ensure you’re successful? What is podcasting best practice?
Brand Newsroom is a podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Podcasts can be serial or episodic. Episodic (publishing regularly) helps you build an audience
- Good social media marketing and SEO is the best way to spread the word about your podcast and grow your listener base
- It doesn’t matter so much if your audience isn’t huge; your podcast can work for you if it’s targeted and the right people are listening to it
- Do your market research before you start a podcast; have a strategy. Know what business goal you want to solve with the podcast.
Here are the links you might need
On My Desk
- Chris recommended the book Pompey Elliott at War, in His Own Words.
- Nic’s recommendation was Alan Kohler’s Talking Business
- Sarah suggested the website Pod to Pod.
- James recommended the podcast Fortunately… with Fi and Jane.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic discussed the nine best media, marketing and business lessons they ever learned.
And in this episode they were joined by Jonathan Crossfield for a chat about authenticity.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.