We probably all need a bit of social media training for our businesses.
That’s according to Megan Del Borrello, director of Gloss Marketing Communications, who says all too often brands are getting their social media wrong.
She joins Nic and James for a discussion about how companies can get their social media right.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Social media for business isn’t the same as social media for personal use, so don’t just hand your social management to the intern or receptionist.
- Social media is a tactic, not a strategy. It should be a part of your marketing strategy.
- When using social media for your business, think like a fan, not like a business. Work out what your audience wants and will engage with.
On My Desk
- Megan recommended Jacqui Alder’s Clarity, Simplicity, Success.
- Nic recommended Sonia McDonald’s book Just Rock It.
- James recommended Brian Grazer’s book A Curious Mind: The Secret to a Bigger Life.
Links you might need
- Here’s Megan’s article about Instamums.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic discussed how to consume media so you know what’s really going on.
And in this episode they took a close look at how gamification can be used to drive profitable business outcomes.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah!