No matter what state your LinkedIn page is in, you’ll be motivated to improve it to help your business and personal brands after today’s conversation! Nic and James are joined by international LinkedIn expert and co-author of “Get Good or Get Off – A Guide to Getting Social Media Right”, Jo Saunders.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- First impressions matter. Start with a professional photo
- LinkedIn isn’t just about getting a new job. It’s your online representation of who you are. New clients will be looking at it. It’s great for encouraging business in your current role
- If you’ve reached the limit of what you can do on LinkedIn, then get the premium product. It has a lot of extra features, including LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)
- Use Showcase Pages to segment your audience
- Make sure your headline is a positioning statement
- Take time to write your summary; it’s your first opportunity to make a connection with the viewer. Tell them who you are. Include your interests outside of work
- Don’t use third- or second-person narrative, use first person only!
- Start a conversation with your new connections.
On My Desk
- Jo recommended Aqua Notes and keeping a jar filled with little notes listing off things you can feel grateful for, and pulling them out and reading them when you need cheering up
- Nic recommended documenting your business goals on a whiteboard, so the whole team sees them every day
- James suggested Oprah and Deepak’s Meditation podcast.
Links you might need
- You can find Jo Saunders here.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently Sarah and Nic chatted to Trevor Young about offline influence.
And in this episode James, Sarah and Nic discussed their favourite things to watch, read and listen to from 2017.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah!