Greg Allan is the director of Response Electricians and he’s the host of the world’s number one podcast for his industry, The Electrician’s Success Podcast. He’s a real case study in how a small business can use content to do amazing things.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
• Every business, even a small business, has room for content designed to lift the standards in their industry. You can be a leader.
• Listen to your customers. Ask them what they need. Then provide it.
• Build your own media property. Become a destination for your audience.
On My Desk
• Sarah suggested Mark Schaefer’s article “Is Content Marketing Sustainable?”
• Greg’s advice was to start filming your answers to your customer’s questions and publish them on your site. People will watch video.
• Nic is obsessed with merchandise again. This time he’s getting coffee mugs made. Not a bad idea – people look at their coffee mug on their desk all day.
Links you might need
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James and Nic discussed how to get the most out of your LinkedIn page with expert Jo Saunders.
And in this episode the team spoke to PR Warrior Trevor Young about the importance of offline influence.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah!