How much of your time, effort and IP are you giving away? Why are you doing it? Are you getting a return on it? When is it time to say “that’ll cost you”? And how much do you charge?
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- If you’re speaking at an event that costs money, you should get paid
- You never know who’s going to be in the audience
- Ask yourself what do you want to get out of it and what does the person asking you to do something for nothing get out of it
- If someone is benefitting financially from your expertise, you should be financially benefiting from providing your input, advice or services
- Ask yourself whom the audience is and whether they’re your audience, too.
On My Desk
- Nic recommended using a speaker’s bureau, like Saxton or Professional Speakers Australia
- Sarah recommended the Mortified podcast
- James recommended Mind Hacking.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic talked about how to give good customer service on social media.
And in this episode the team asked, is it time to unfriend Facebook?
Like what you’ve heard?
Please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Or subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Casts or wherever you listen to your favourite marketing podcasts.
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah!