Lush’s content strategist, Carla Young, joins the BNR team to talk about internships – and why everyone wins when you take on interns.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Internships are a great way to find new and emerging talent and, potentially, future employees
- Internships aren’t about free labour. In Australia, that’s actually against the law. But the main point is, if you exploit your interns, no one is really benefiting
- Interns need to provide some guidance to a company about what they want to do, so everyone is getting the most out of it
- Have clear outcomes for both parties written down, so it’s completely understood.
On My Desk
- Sarah mentioned the Facebook page, Analytical Grammar
- Nic shamelessly promoted his Meet the Media event
- Carla recommended a white paper called Employee Satisfaction and Customer Satisfaction: Is There a Relationship
- James talked about the 2018 State of the Media Report.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic looked at seven marketing trends for 2018.
And in this episode they took a close look at nine marketing tactics that annoy them.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.