According to a new report from email marketing platform Emma, 59% of marketers say email is the form of marketing that generates the most ROI for their business (that’s 68% for B2B).
It’s streets ahead of social media and any other platform or channel. Yet we’re spending less than a quarter of our time on it.
So today, the BNR team dissect the report and look at what makes effective email marketing in 2018.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs from the Emma report:
- 39 per cent of marketers never personalize their emails, while 21% never use segmentation
- 53 per cent of marketers never A/B test their emails (subject lines, CTAs, or send times)
- 51 per cent haven’t started automating, even for a welcome email
- 58 per cent say generating sales or leads is their most important indicator of success. 34 per cent said fostering engagement is the most important
- Just 10 per cent of marketers are ready to invest in Chatbots, AI, live video, and influencer marketing.
On My Desk
- Sarah recommended Quote Investigator
- Nic suggested the Teleprompter app
- And James recommended the Ways to Change The World podcast.
Links you might need
- Here’s the Emma email marketing report in full.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic discussed voice recognition technology with expert Kath Blackham.
And in this episode Nic and James received a masterclass in content strategy with Sarah Mitchell.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.