Lush client services manager, Adriana Robbins attended 2018 Content Marketing World.
Neither James, Nic, nor Sarah made it along, so the team asked Adriana to join us for a chat about what she learned and what her key take-outs were from this year’s event.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
Use the curiosity gap to engage your audience (and here’s that watermelon video)
- AI is going to have a huge impact on content marketing in the very near future (but they’re not here to take our jobs)
- If you create meaningful content your audience wants, then they’re willing to listen and willing to trust. Become a resource for your audience.
On My Desk
- Nic recommended Confessions of Pitch Consultant by Eliot Epstein
- Adriana recommended The Hustle e-newsletter
- James suggested The Guardian’s podcast, We Need to Talk About, recommending an episode called “Why is positive news coverage so vital in today’s world?”
Links you might need
- Here’s a link to Content Marketing World
Have you heard the one about…
Recently Sarah and Nic were joined by The Orchard Agency’s Wei Tan about how to manage your email marketing list effectively.
And in this episode James and Sarah were joined by Oscar Trimboli to talk about how to listen effectively.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.