The BNR team discuss the Content Marketing Institute’s 2019 B2B Benchmarks Budgets and Trends Report.
The report found 90 per cent of B2B businesses now focus their content on what the audience wants, rather than just banging on about their product – so James and Sarah are thrilled.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Those who are using content marketing successfully say having a documented strategy aligns the team around their goals and priorities and makes it easier to determine what kinds of content to create and where to allocate resources
- Less than half of B2B brands are actually talking to their clients, finding out what they want and need in terms of content. They’re using analytics, but not actually tapping into their client network
- Almost two-thirds of businesses doing content marketing are doing more video and audio content than they did last year. More than 60 per cent are creating more written digital content.
On My Desk
- Sarah suggested brands using email personalisation and automation do so carefully and make sure they’re sending something worthwhile
- Nic recommended exploiting content-hungry traditional media outlets (like Channel 95 in Australia) and providing content to fill the space available
- James talked about a BBC Business Daily podcast about how bots are being used to spark debate and dissent on social media.
Links you might need
- Here’s the full Content Marketing Institute’s B2B Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends Report 2019
- And here’s the blog post on Donald Trump bots, by Rand Fishkin.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James and Nic spoke to Donna McGeorge about the secrets to a 25-minute meeting.
And in this episode Sarah and Nic spoke to The Story Midwife, Lisa Evans, on storytelling for business.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.