Our topic today is effective sales enablement.
It’s a topic normally approached from the point of view of the sales team, but our guest, Pam Didner, is looking at it from the marketing side.
Pam is a marketing consultant, an author, and someone well known to content marketers around the world. She’s looked at what marketers can do to help the sales team be more effective.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- With the rise of digital, many marketing components can be used on the sales side to accelerate conversions
- The biggest divides between sales and marketing come when a company has grown to the point where they become distinct departments with different functions. Their goals become different. Find the commonalities and work together
- Marketers need to walk in the salesperson’s shoes, so you can understand their needs and create the right kinds of content and provide the right kind of support.
On My Desk
- Pam recommended Jay Baer’s Talk Triggers and Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Sarah recommended a blog post of Pam’s called “A quick and easy way to create your own value propositions”
- Nic’s On My Desk was a reminder to have insurance for your gadgets – which comes on the back of him breaking his iPad.
Links you might need
- You’ll find Pam Didner (and you can grab her book) here.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently Sarah and Nic interrogated James about how to conduct a great interview.
And in this episode they took a close look at why a business may need an app and how to use it.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.