Chris Smoje joins the podcast to talk about where customer service and branding meet.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Customer service delivery has to be connected to your brand promise. What you promise on TV has to be delivered in person
- Branding isn’t a logo or colours; it’s the consumer’s opinion of you
- Any staff member should be able to put your brand promise into action every single day
- Customers are looking for: a simple choice, elimination of risk, an emotional connection, and a sense of belonging.
On My Desk
- Sarah recommended Andy Crestodina’s Blogging Statistics and Trends report 2018
- Chris’s recommendation was Mike House’s Thrive and Adapt
- Nic’s recommendation was to follow Telum media.
Links you might need
- You can find Chris on Twitter here.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James talked about B2B marketing with Cisco’s head of marketing Ray Kloss.
And in this episode the team spoke to Pam Didner about sales enablement.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.