Gordon Jenkins is known as The Visible Guy.
He’s an expert at networking and he claims that no matter how bad your situation seems at any point in time, you can position yourself for success.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- Common mistakes around networking include confusing action and accountable activity, doing the wrong kind of networking and not aligning your networking with your intrinsic motivation
- The three types of networking are operational, personal and strategic
- Networking is about surrounding yourself with like-minded people with a similar purpose
- There are 21 pathways to networking; Gordon outlines a few
- Don’t do networking events you don’t like doing, because you can’t fake it!
On My Desk
- Gordon recommended an app called snappr.co
- Nic recommended The 100 with 10 Extra Speeches: Insights and Lessons from 110 of the Greatest Speakers and Speeches Ever Delivered
- And James suggested listening to The Daily podcast’s episode “What Facebook knew and tried to hide”.
Links you might need
- You’ll find Gordon Jenkins here.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently Sarah and Nic discussed branding and customer service with Chris Smoje.
And in this episode James chats to Cisco’s Ray Kloss.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.