In this four-hour course, career broadcast journalist James Lush will give you all the tools you need to handle a print, radio or television interview confidently, including
- What “news” is, what the media is looking for, and how you can create material that attracts media interest
- The questions you must ask yourself before you do any interview
- Crafting messages to meet your communication strategy and impact your audience
- Interview techniques you can use to avoid difficult questions and revert to message
- Defining what you want your audience to do
- How to craft your story with a strong message for maximum interest
- How to prepare effectively
- What to expect in the studio and beyond
- and much more!
Your course will be tailored to your needs.
Are you confident enough to handle the media?
When it comes to news – on television, radio, online or in print – it’s important to be proactive and not reactive. If you don’t comment, your competitors will.
In our media training sessions, you’ll discover how to take every negative and turn it into a positive. You’ll be able to handle even the most difficult questions, making everything so much easier. As a result, you will sound authentic and convincing. What’s more, you’ll deliver your prepared messages with impact.
Striking the right tone and using the correct language is something you can learn. Merely copying the way others have done it in the past is not a recipe for success.
Media training tailor-made for your needs
James Lush has more than 20 years’ experience in the media, including as a broadcaster for the BBC and ABC. With more than 25,000 interviews under his belt, he’s perfectly poised to guide you from that fearful feeling many of us have about dealing with the media, to one of clarity and confidence.
We offer bespoke half- or full-day sessions for individuals or groups. Sessions cover all the tools you need to handle print, radio or television interviews confidently. Radio and TV recordings are reviewed and lessons applied.
Over the past fifteen years we’ve worked with the biggest organisations in the world, delivering the highest-quality and most-time-relevant training available. Every course, every session is different – and customised to meet the objectives and needs of the individual or group.