Customer service is one of the best marketing tools around. James, Nic, and Sarah are joined by an expert in the area, the founder of Dime Customer Service, Chris Smoje.
Brand Newsroom is a podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are some key take-outs:
- We now expect high levels of customer service across fields that aren’t competitors. We compare airline customer service to local shop service, for example.
- To be memorable you need to remove all logic and reason from the way you serve people. You need to do something different. Make the interaction easy, but memorable.
- If people get good customer service, they will keep coming back to you. If you make your service memorable, they’ll tell other people about it and they’ll come, too.
Here are the links you might need
On My Desk
- Nic recommended Jo Saunders’ book Get Good or Get Off.
- Sarah’s recommendation was a blog post by Lush Digital’s copy editor, Wendy Wood, called 10 frequently ignored grammar rules you need to know.
- Chris’s recommendation was Flipboard.
- James’s recommendation was a post on LinkedIn by Jeff Stibel called 5 ways to give your brain a break right now.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James, Sarah and Nic discussed thought leadership.
And in this episode they took a close look at Google AdWords and whether it would be right for your business.
Like what you’ve heard?
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.