Brand Newsroom’s producer, Dan Hatch, joins the team for a chat about how the media is working these days and, more importantly, how we should consume it so that we actually know what’s going on.
Brand Newsroom is a marketing podcast for anyone who has a say in how companies are communicating — covering marketing, content marketing, public relations, media, branding and advertising.
Here are the links you might need
- Here’s Dan’s blog post on how to consume the media so you know what’s really going on.
On My Desk
- Nic recommended the book The Project Rots from the Head.
- Dan recommended Answerthepublic.com.
- Sarah recommended an episode of the This American Life podcast called ‘Things I Mean to Know’.
- James recommended the book F****** Apostrophes.
Have you heard the one about…
Recently James and Sarah met Vee Pendergrast of Stirfire Studios to discuss how brands are using gaming technology to drive profitable business outcomes.
And in this episode they chat to branding expert Astrid Fackelmann, about why every company — and every marketing manager — needs a “specialist-generalist” (she calls them a “unicorn”).
Like what you’ve heard?
Please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. Or subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, Overcast, Pocket Casts or wherever you listen to your favourite marketing podcasts.
For more information about the show, visit the Brand Newsroom website, where you can join the Brand Newsroom Community and receive exclusive content and opportunities to meet James, Nic and Sarah.